Is anyone using the new Santa Monica Drop.2 algae scrubber?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

just me

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I wanted to do an algae scrubber before, but I'm not very savvy in the technical department.

Just got an e-mail mentioning the drop.2 algae scrubber. Has anyone been using it yet?

Pretty sure it wouldn't have the capacity to scrub my entire 125, but even if it did a little, and provided a medium for live food, well, it sounds too good to be true.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

It's super easy to make an algae scrubber. Skip the commercial one and just buy some PVC along with a water pump.

save your money and spend it on salt, water changes are you reefs best friend

life took over in a big bad way last spring. i hadn't done much with my tank since then. during that time, my lights went, ergo so did the corals, and I apparently became an aptasia farmer. At least all my fish made it through!

Funny thing about it... in all that time, I only did top off water, RO/DI, no water changes. My chemistries, when I first checked them before starting the rehab, were perfect! It wasn't until I started dosing and water changes again, sans addition of any new life forms, that my chems went out of whack. Was wondering if there might actually be something to the new view of less is more. I liked the scrubber because at the very least, it creates more micros, which in turn help the chemistry.

It's super easy to make an algae scrubber. Skip the commercial one and just buy some PVC along with a water pump.

I can do amazing things in many areas, but one: I am dangerous with tools and have absolutely no brain for building things. Yup, I'm one of those who needs a plug and play. Tried a simple scrubber a few years ago. Ended up coming home to a half empty 125 g as a result.

Back
Top Bottom