Is it me or are they pedaling a no-no?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lectraplayer

Aquarium Advice FINatic
uploadfromtaptalk1393168160095.jpguploadfromtaptalk1393168178718.jpg

Shown are two nano aquaria similar to mine. The Aqua Culture us just like mine. With the general consensus here that these aren't exactly suitable for fish, taking into account the way most people handle fish, why are they pushing these as fish tanks? Is there something I am missing? Also notice some of the fish they show as suitable. I see platys, guppies, dianos, and yes, tetras listed. Some I would argue against after "making that mistake" and having them in this. Since we all know how this often turns out, why do they appear to be pushing it?

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Money. it really is as simple as that. stores here still sell tanks just like that showing goldfish on the box. they know people with kids that dont know what they are doing will buy it, kill the fish and then buy more fish and probably bigger tanks when they actually readabout what their fish need.

Yup, money. These tanks are flashy and that what sells to soccer moms who want a goldfish for little Johnny. It's a crime.

I'm new, so forgive me if I'm in error. But wouldn't that 1 gallon Tetra make a good hospital tank? Yesterday, I bought a 3 gallon plastic pet keeper container, heater, sand, filter, air pump... Spent too much money. Had I seen this, I would have thought it a good hospital tank and saved a few bucks. Are the filters really bad? Or is there some other big flaw to prevent using them as quarantine / hospital tanks?

I use a 1 gallon like the one shown for a hospital tank. I sterlize the heck out of it before and after use (only once, thank goodness), and even used it as a nursery tank for guppy fry.

They serve their purpose, just not for what's shown on the box.

Yeah. I got the Evolve2 and then realized it was good for only 1 danio who likes to be kept in a group of 5. So, then I ordered a larger tank, which I'm still waiting for.

Really, them being in such a small box isn't much fun to them, and my guppy really shows it. I'm not sure why a pint jar can't be a decent hospital tank for something the size of a guppy, but then again, that's ICU and not daily life. Some fish just need room to roam.

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH Fierce using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom