is it safe to use ro water as long as it has 0 tds?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pairenoid

Aquarium Advice Freak
my ro/di unit is reading 0 tds, but i ran extremly hot water through it and i think messed up my membrane because my pressure gauge isnt working and the clean water comes out 2x faster than normal

BUT, the tds is still 0. I am filling up my buckets as we speak and will use it, but im worried still. The incoming chemicals reads like 15, but out is 0. Its almost better because its faster :/

its just to fill up my water at the store i have to drive like 20 miles and right now i have to wake up extra early to make my water or it will be too hot

If the tds reads 0 and you meter is working it should be fine

Even if the gauge is broken and you are getting very low pleasure you will just get less RO water

im just getting like 3x faster water, it goes as fast as the black tube now. Every 15 minutes it seems to completely stall and i have to turn my hose on faster again for the water to start..

but it reads 12ppm coming in and 0 coming out, thanks! also my third canister(sediment) is turning brown on the bottom(1 inch)should i replace it?

thanks!

The reason you are getting fast then slow flow is the presure is building then releasing

If you don't trust your tds reading you should buy a new one anyway

Back
Top Bottom