is my light and heater good enough

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

blizowman1

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok so i just got my first fish tank which my dad has given to me. this tank that hes giving me was set up with a saltwater set up in it and im converting it to freshwater. he has given me the 29g tank, stand, glass top, a cascade heater (150w), and a dual t5 coralife with a 10,000k 31w, and a actinic 31w....i dont know anything about the heater but hes been happy with it on his saltwater so it must be decent right? does anyone know anything about it. and im planning on having a lightly planted tank is these lights going to be good enough or will i need to find some different bulbs i still havent started cycling my tank yet cause i ordered my test kit and filter off the internet so i have to wait till next week to get my rocks and wood but im trying to figure out if im going to have to buy anything else before i start it up for cycling.
PLEASE any and all help is awesome ive grown to like this site ive learned so much

your heater will be fine, it doesnt matter if it is salt or fresh. the light fixture is also good, you might want to change the actinic bulb to a 7500k bulb or just take it out completely

Yep, your heater and the 6500K bulb will be just fine. You can keep most plants with that lighting.

--Adeeb

so the heaters ok... and in my fixture I should keep a 10,000k and a 6,500k. not the 10,000k and colormax.......all the coralife bulbs the size for my fixture are 31w so two would make 62w is that gonna be enough watts for the regular 29g freshwater

here is a good chart, the WPG rule is kind of a thing of the past with the new lighting that has come about.

Attachments

• LightIntensityTable.jpg
    LightIntensityTable.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 65
Back
Top Bottom