Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-30-2009, 01:56 PM   #11
Thanx but no.....

I mean the one on your unit too...

If you haven't in a while.. it certainly couldn't hurt but it sounds like your issue is with your container and/or keeping it clean.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:12 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Try calling Autoshutoff.com or Bulkreefsupply and ask them about the ASOV and how it works.

Old 07-30-2009, 03:27 PM   #13
Thanx but no.....

• How the Automatic Shut-Off Valve Works:
  • The valve automatically shuts off production when the tank pressure reaches approximately 65% of the incoming line pressure to indicate the tank is full.
  • The ASO valve saves thousands of gallons of water. Reverse Osmosis Systems without an Automatic Shut-Off valve continually send rinse water to the drain even when the tank is full.
  • Automatic Shut-Off Valve Example Process:
  • Feed water goes through a set of three pre filters (Sediment filter, Carbon filter, Carbon filter), passes through the ASOV, and then goes to the RO membrane to produce RO water.
  • The RO water passes through the system to be stored in the water tank. When the tank fills with RO water and the tank pressure reaches 40 psi, the back pressure will reverse the ASOV diaphragm and will shut off due to the pressure differential.
  • When the RO water end pressure is greater than the Feed water pressure, it causes the piston to move downward and shut off the in and out channel.
  • When the ASOV In and Out channel shuts off, the system will not produce any RO water.
So, if you're not using it w/ a closed tank it's basically useless as there is no back pressure. I applaud you for wanting to know how your unit works, seems many have them and have not a clue
Old 07-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #14
Aquarium Advice Activist

So my ASOV is useless unless i get a sealed tank. great. thx cpt
Old 07-30-2009, 03:57 PM   #15
Thanx but no.....

reconfigure your float to attach to the inlet side... when the float trips the source water is cut off.....
Old 03-11-2010, 09:26 PM   #16
Aquarium Advice Activist

I read on RC what the brown slime was. I was using IO and RC at the time and it was the vitamins in the salt. there is a long thread about it there. I'm using TM pro now and no more problems. thanks for your help

Tags
filter, ro/di

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com