Is my skimmer to big?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masoniac

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a Sea Side Aquatics CS2 skimmer its rated for 230G and I have it on a 75G with a 2nd Generation Eshopps RS 200 Sump so I would guess around 90 gallons total in my system. It's currently stocked with a clown, coral beauty, and a kole tang. I got a great deal on this skimmer a year and a half ago for my old 75 gallon system that was stocked more than this one. I never seen that real dark skimmate always a greenish color. So I was just wanting to know if its over sized for my tank. If it is I would like some recommendations on some other skimmers in the $350 price range.

Looks to be a fine skimmer.
I don't believe you can have a skimmer too large???
I would slow the water flow and possibly supplement the air to get a thicker skimmate...

I use an alita 6a air pump to supplement my air and inject ozone into one of my large skimmers.
I believe it is rated for 750g and I run it on my 120 with a sump(still no where near 750..)
Skimmers should be rated for at least 2x tank volume many feel as a minimum guideline..
I would use the pump even without the ozone as exposure to air(volume/duration) is the difference in effective skimming

Back
Top Bottom