Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-09-2020, 09:44 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Is there a fix for droopy silk plants?

I have, primarily, silk plants in my tank, but over time a lot of them get very droopy and instead of standing tall and proud, they end up bent over on the bottom of the tank.

You would think they'd be made buoyant enough that everything except the base floats, but that doesn't seem to be the case, and their early rigidity seems to come mostly from the stems.

Is there another solution to this than to replace them as they start to droop?

Old 01-10-2020, 06:34 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Are they in an area with a lot of water movement?

Old 01-10-2020, 09:01 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

There is some, but I have a deep tank and there isn't a lot of water movement from the middle to the bottom except for the area immediately below the filtration system. When the silk plants are new they all stand tall with only slight movements.

In either case, I don't see any reasonable way to reduce the water movement in the tank without reducing filtration, so that's not really an option.

Tags
plant, plants, silk plants

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com