IS there an Filter , with auto priming ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeybsmooth

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am not sure that this is a thing , but is there a filter were I can just push a button one time and the priming happens. For some reason priming is always an issue for me , no matter how many times I do it .

Thanks in advance.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=251099558452

These canisters prime with one good press of the priming button. I fill mine with treated water, pop the top on, shove the button once and it does the rest.
These are now my favorite canisters- they come in a range of sizes, with and without uv clarifiers (not sterilisers) and are easy to maintain. Not like my pain in the neck classic eheim ;-)

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=251099558452

These canisters prime with one good press of the priming button. I fill mine with treated water, pop the top on, shove the button once and it does the rest.
These are now my favorite canisters- they come in a range of sizes, with and without uv clarifiers (not sterilisers) and are easy to maintain. Not like my pain in the neck classic eheim ;-)

IS this the same brand , I think it is.

New 5 Stage 530GPH Aquarium Tank External Canister Filter 9W UV Sterilizer 304B | eBay

Yep. They are made under a few different names, but they are the same thing. Depending on where you buy it there can be a big difference in price. I don't turn the uv light on (it has its own switch) but if I developed green water I guess I would :)

One more question about yours . How long have you had it ?

One more question about yours . How long have you had it ?

I've had one of them for about 18 months, and preferred it to my other brand name canisters, so I have bought a few more since then. I love the baskets and the fact that you can put a lot of varied media in them, the quick stop valve, and the single push primer.
I'm pretty hard on the gear, and I haven't broken any parts so far, and I haven't had any leaks or malfunctions (though I did with my eheim, when the clips failed and the top popped up).
I didn't use most of the media that came with the filters- I have a preference for Matrix, sponges, filter fibre and purigen :)

Back
Top Bottom