Is this a decent skimmer?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Most here will say the Seaclone 150 isn't any good. Reviews I have read on the internet place it marginal to good, but for a 150 tank I would say no... Most manufacturers seem to INFLATE the capabilities of there products. The Seaclone 150 imho shouldn't be used on anything larger than a 75-80 gallon tank. Again my opinion is purely based on research on the internet.

How much money do you want to spend and do you have a sump?

If you have a sump and you can swing the cost, I would look into the ASM skimmer series, or the Reef Devil Deluxe with a Mag drive. For a 150 gal, you will want to be sure that you get the right size skimmer for it. I agree that the Seaclone 150 won't cut it for a tank this size. Good luck!

Mike

its a decent skimmer for no larger than a 75 gallon tank. No where near enough for a 150gal.

manufacturer's always exaggerate the tank size their equipment is good for.

if you have a sump, go with an in-sump skimmer. they are more efficient, and puts less clutter inside the display tank.

yeah sea clones are not that great. i have had one on my 50 gallon reef for a while but I am getting rid of it. I am replacing it with the CPR Van Bak Pak 2 Reef Ready.

Back
Top Bottom