Is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

partypalooza5

Aquarium Advice Addict
I found this light at my LFS for 75 bucks used. It still works and it doesn't look like it's terribly old. The only problem is it has 4 daylight bulbs. I was thinking it would still be cheaper to buy 2 actinic bulbs than buy a brand new fixture for 250 bucks or more. (This is for a FOWLR 75G, I calculated about 3W per gallon. I know thats "obsolete" now but just thought I should include that. It should produce 260W total.)

Coralife Freshwater Aqualight- 48

Also, would this be powerful enough for an anemone? I've been told yes and no.. I can't decide who to believe :confused:. Also, I'm gonna ask about an ATO unit I found in the "used" corner. If its like 15 bucks or so, I'll buy it.

if thats what you are looking for its not too bad. though personally i think its best to get fixture where each bulb has its own reflectors.

I had a chance to get a used light but the cost of the bulbs kept me from getting it for about $40 I got a new light that I knew wouldn't have to have a starter or ballast replaced anytime soon (at least it shouldn't).

Hm.. well, it seemed like a pretty good deal. Is there any way to "mod" the fixture, like just use the bulbs and ballast and "guts" to make a new fixture? Will individual reflectors make a big diffrence?

Back
Top Bottom