Is this a good deal?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KreativJustin

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was on Craigslist and saw a 90 gal fish tank, it's just the tank itself. He is wanting $100 for it, which sounds like a good price to me, but I'm not sure.

He said the tank is in great condition (his exact words beyond good condition).

I'd check for cracks and major scratches on it as well as the silicon. I think that it's a pretty good deal.

I agree, the price is good as long as the tank is in great condition. Don't be scared to walk away though if it's not in the condition he stated. :)

Sounds like a good deal if it is in the condition stated. I quit looking at CL because I keep finding deals that make my heart go pitter-pat. My hubby won't let me get any more-at least not right now. Do you have a large enough stand to put it on?

Well I have been wanting to do a 75gal build (I have a 55gal now) for awhile now. So when I saw this on craigslist I thought, bigger is better :D.

I will be building a stand and canopy for it (custom).

This will be my 'Display' tank, my little jewel :D so I will be making everything DIY.. to get more satisfaction out of the build.

Will be housing an eel and a few other larger fish, just haven't picked out the species yet.

--Edit--

Been designing the stand via SketchUp (drafting software)

if its in great condition like the seller says i would definitely get it, but offer him 80 see if he takes im sure he would take no point in having a 90 gal sitting around

very nice! will it be white?

Well it would appear that the trim is in 'wood' I might sand that down and repaint it. However, I might have it set in so that the bottom trim and top trim is covered by the stand and canopy. I'm just worried about how hard it will be to get it out of the stand again :).

Well, I have white walls (not allowed to repaint) and dark wood on everything so I'm not too sure yet. I don't want the stand to look tacky if it's white. I might pick up a few little cans to paint/stain a piece of 2x4 and check it out. I might even do a little vote :D

if its in great condition like the seller says i would definitely get it, but offer him 80 see if he takes im sure he would take no point in having a 90 gal sitting around

Yeah, I figured I would try to drop it down. It's been on there since the 15th, so he might go down.

Will do, I'll be starting a new thread for a 90 Gal Freshwater Build :)

Will be introducing a new stand/canopy, might go with a light system from home depot/lowes to hook up in the canopy, a custom made sump, and 3d background.

:D so much fun. I'll be asking for help on a stock to go with, might even do a little contest or something. Dunno yet!

3d ;) and once I buy the tank, I will be getting the stuff for the 3d background. Then building the stand/canopy while my 3d background takes the time to cure and be filtered for negativity. Get all the evil out of the concrete.

I've heard of other methods (quite more expensive) but I will have time to wait for the curing while I build all of my other stuff. I will be taking pics (and making movies possibly) while the build is taking place.

Super awesome! I love DIY's! Especially when there are tons of pics and videos involved. It give me so many ideas and takes away the fear thinking I wouldn't be able to do it myself! Can't wait to see it.

Back
Top Bottom