Is this a good filter?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Should be fine for a 35 gallon tank, though personally I prefer Eheim classic canister filters over fluvals. A 2215 would suit that size tank.
Less expensive than a canister, easier to clean, and more flow would be an aquaclear 70.

Should be fine for a 35 gallon tank, though personally I prefer Eheim classic canister filters over fluvals. A 2215 would suit that size tank.
Less expensive than a canister, easier to clean, and more flow would be an aquaclear 70.

Thanks but the sound of the water falling back in to the tank drives me nuts. Also this is for my goldfish. Is that information needed ?

I hate the sound of water falling back out of the return also. I just zip tied a piece of plastic at the bottom to extend the 'waterfall' into my tank. Even when the tank evaporates the plastic still sits in the water, minimizing the noise. FWIW.

A 35 gallon tank is soon going to be too small for goldfish, they'll grow to 12" or more given proper housing and care. They're also harder to clean up after, so an "oversize" filter is certainly helpful, but being essentially a pond fish they aren't well suited to strong water flow.
Keeping the water level topped up will eliminate the "waterfall" sound.

Back
Top Bottom