is this a good ro/di unit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vsnsofadrgn

Aquarium Advice Addict
is this a good ro/di unit? http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Reef-6-st-125GPD-Reverse-Osmosis-RO-DI-Water-Filter_W0QQitemZ4434126419QQcategoryZ20684QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem what should i be looking for? is it really worth the money or is it chaper just to use store bought water. the reason im looking into one is b/c im tired of running out of the store bought. but its olly 0.68 a gal and i usually buy 4 and that lasts about 1-2 weeks depending on the weather. its starting to get humid here and its starting to evaporate more. i would have to get it now (or around now) while i have my tax money to get something like this. so what do you think?

I`m also looking for one VSN. Let me know what you come up with. Im tired of lugging water after 8 years. I cant get nothing to come up. I`m talking about the link.

unfortunately, i dont know anything about these things. i jsut figured it would be soooo much easier, that when i need it, i can just go under the sink and make some. i figure for $100, its worth the convience, but i want to make sure before i buy anything. as far as the link i jsut searched ro/di. this is what its called: New Reef 6 st 125GPD Reverse Osmosis RO+DI Water Filter ill try the link again too, http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4434126419&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT&rd=1 let me know if it works.

Looks fine. I do not agree with their replacement filter schedule though. One thing mine has that I like is the first 3 stages (50,10,1 micron filters) cannisters are clear so you can see the condition of the element.

Im tired of lugging water after 8 years
8O took me a month :D

Before you pull the triger on that unit check out AquaFX. I believe they are a sponser of AA. I had them build me a 4 stage RODI for $125 delivered. I asked them to build me there "Baracudda" model without the pressure gauge and in-line TDS meter. I already had a hand held TDS meter and the water pressure was not that important to me. They make great filters and stand behind them. Give them a call and see what you can work out.

Thats the one that I was looking at but I was looking at the one with a tank. I think for 99.00. Do you have a link for the one your talking about Brian.

Back
Top Bottom