is this a good rodi unit for my reef?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's ok, but it does not include a flush kit. Flushin ghte membrane before and especially after a run will prolong the life of the membrane.

Also I follow the filter recommendation from AirWaterIce in my 5 stage RODI of a 10 micron sediment > 5 micron Carbon > 1 micron Carbon > membrane. The DI is the final stage.

Be sure to get a TDS meter so you know when the DI needs to be replaced. I now refill mine.

A RODI system is pretty simple. The membrane used is the most important part of the system. That system uses the DOW Filmtec which just about an iindustry standard.

Good luck with it. As you said any RODI is better than none.

good good good :) so after using de chlorinated tap water for two years in my reef tank will i see a difference when i start using ro water? how big of a difference? i mean my water quality already stays pretty good. But will i see a difference in algae and coral health?

Looks like a decent enough unit to me. One thing you might want to check is your house's water pressure. It may be low enough you would want to consider getting a unit with a built-in booster pump. Just something to consider.

It's ok, but it does not include a flush kit. Flushin ghte membrane before and especially after a run will prolong the life of the membrane.

I've read articles stating that flushing the membrane is just a waste of water. Lemme see if I can find them, I don't want to hijack this thread, but could make for a good discussion in it's own thread.

Yep, I added a booster to mone.

Depending on what is in your tap water you may or may not see a dramitc improvement in your tank.

Back
Top Bottom