is this an aquarium?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

butterfly_koi

Aquarium Advice Addict
When we moved into our rental house I had found a ten gallon tank in the basement with this thing stacked on top of it, it had gravel in it and hard water stains. Is this an aquarium? I've never seen anything like this before

That's very odd. If it is, looks like there'll be a hard time seeing through it. Maybe try cleaning it with some vinegar to see if it'll clear up some? Is it glass or plastic?

to me it almost looks like one of those planters you would put glass rocks and flowers in

okapizebra said:
That's very odd. If it is, looks like there'll be a hard time seeing through it. Maybe try cleaning it with some vinegar to see if it'll clear up some? Is it glass or plastic?

Its thick plastic, I tried cleaning it a little bit most of its scratches. Without the scratches you would be able to see through it

As long as it holds water its an aquarium to me. JK

Link119 said:
As long as it holds water its an aquarium to me. JK

That's my logic to it!! Just add filter and heater and you just made a tank!

Well Might have been used as a Sump (I highly Doubt for the 10 Gallon) for a larger tank, or a Temp Med Tank?

I would hang onto it as something to put the fish in in an emergency or for changing out tanks or whatever.

I'm just guessing based off some of the old terrariums we have around here. If my guess is correct, you'll likely not find it on google, as it is most likely pregoogle era.

personally not knowing what the previous owner used it for i dont think i would use it. i would hate to see you start using it as a quarantine tank after the previous owner was using it as a mop bucket :(

Bschowa said:
personally not knowing what the previous owner used it for i dont think i would use it. i would hate to see you start using it as a quarantine tank after the previous owner was using it as a mop bucket :(

I'm not for sure that they did, it had gravel in the bottom of it almost looked like it was set up for a turtle or something close to that

Back
Top Bottom