Is this bulb ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

catmel

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Just curious, I was wondering if anyone had any input on buying bulbs off aqua trader. They had this bulb

http://shop.aquatraders.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=64109
for only about $13 - with shipping just a little over $20. This is what I need a MH bulb, double ended, 10k.. i'm just a bit worried because its about $40 cheaper than fosters & smith, big als or anywhere else I look for different name bulbs.. do you think it would be ok to order or should I stick with the name brands on the other sites?

This is the first time i've had to replace my MH's so just curious on what others think. Thanks!!!

In general, you get what you pay for - that's mostly true when referring to lighting.

However, if this is just for your FOWLR tank (no corals that you're concerned with growth on) it's probably just fine for that.

Thanks for the info, I do have corals, so I'll probably stick to the regular brands.. didnt know if it made much difference, but after researching it seemed to come up with bad reviews for that companys products

Back
Top Bottom