Is this light good for my 55g?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dephase

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought this light fixture a week ago but now in realizing it is for a salt water tank or that's what I think it's for.. I need advise I am trying to grow my plants and so far so good they are growing but should I change my bulbs? As you can see it is very blue and the bulbs in the fixture are marine glow not much more information. When I get home I will provide more. Please help is this good for my plants?

image-1861536582.jpg

image-548442420.jpg

I bought this light fixture a week ago but now in realizing it is for a salt water tank or that's what I think it's for.. I need advise I am trying to grow my plants and so far so good they are growing but should I change my bulbs? As you can see it is very blue and the bulbs in the fixture are marine glow not much more information. When I get home I will provide more. Please help is this good for my plants?

I believe they will not help your plants in the process of photosynthesis. You would need the white bulbs that are 6000k-10000k if you want to help your plants.

I believe they will not help your plants in the process of photosynthesis. You would need the white bulbs that are 6000k-10000k if you want to help your plants.

I do have other lights I will tell you in a few minutes I'm almost home thanks for the reply :) .

Ok so how about these lights are they good to grow plants in a 55 gallon?

image-2800859012.jpg

image-4223552877.jpg

Please let me know I am new at this :/ just want a planted aquarium.

Ok so how about these lights are they good to grow plants in a 55 gallon?

Please let me know I am new at this :/ just want a planted aquarium.

Is it a only planted aquarium or will you add fish to it as well? From what I know, the fluorescent bulb is only good for "low light plants" and it would definitely limit your options in regards to what plants you can choose.

Again, I am not an expert at planted aquariums but I was told that 2-3w per gallon is generally good rule of thumb if you want to look at a wider option.

Is it a only planted aquarium or will you add fish to it as well? From what I know, the fluorescent bulb is only good for "low light plants" and it would definitely limit your options in regards to what plants you can choose.

Again, I am not an expert at planted aquariums but I was told that 2-3w per gallon is generally good rule of thumb if you want to look at a wider option.

Well then in out of my league :/ hope the plants grow... I do currently have fish in there just wanted something like this...

image-1841842363.jpg

If you want something like that you'll need high output lighting, and that pic looks like a regular t8?
Look into ho t5s or LED. T5s are cheaper to buy but in the long run the LEDs are are cheaper. Plus you'll need daily fert dosing and more then likely co2. That tank you're looking at takes a lot of research and a proper setup, you gotta do your research first if you want a serious aquascape like that.

What kind of substrate are you using? And are you dosing it with anything?

What kind of substrate are you using? And are you dosing it with anything?

I am not dosing it and I was using 100% organic potting soil mix but it had too much peat moss made my water look yellow from the side of the tank. Now I have plain sand.

Back
Top Bottom