is this skimmer any good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
G

Have and for some time. It was running in my old 55 gal and seemed to work ok. Was pulling out crud.

Will it be ok for a 120? it has a mj 1200 pump on it.

Attachments

• skimmer_379.jpg
    skimmer_379.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 68
I just looked online and its the forums most popular SEA CLONE 100.
It says its rated for a 100 gal tank.

Have not used a skimmer on this tank so I just hooked it up and its starting to foam so I'll let it go for awhile and see what happens.

Hey sango, are you running a chiller?

no chiller here... good luck with the sea clone. I have a remora pro w/ mag 3 pump and it works great.

yea, it seems thats the unit to have. I just can't drop 2 bills on it yet. Still trying to fill my tank with more live rock.

What does your temp run in the summer?

Mine climbs up to the 84 to 96 range, thats with refilling evap water with distilled water from the freezer.

nccmike said:
yea, it seems thats the unit to have. I just can't drop 2 bills on it yet. Still trying to fill my tank with more live rock.

What does your temp run in the summer?

Mine climbs up to the 84 to 96 range, thats with refilling evap water with distilled water from the freezer.

That's an incredible range of temperatures and is going to cause you loads of trouble. You should definitely invest in a chiller...and quick.

Your sig lists a Current outer orbit hood. Isn't that pc lighting. Are you getting these extreme temps from that alone? It seems kind of high from pc's. Anything else at work here?

Brian

Back
Top Bottom