Is this test kit okay ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pitbull

Aquarium Advice Regular
Heyy yesterday I bought the test kits for testing nitrite and nitrate and I was wondering if this one was okay to use?I started cycling my tank yesterday. Because people have been saying that there bitrite level is like 0. what ever but on this test kit I got it's got: Safe , water change.
Do I need to buy a test kit that tests for 0-8 like the ammonia one?
Heres some photos of the test kit, Hope you can help me :)
View attachment 35636
View attachment 35637

I'd recommend the API freshwAter master kit, it has everything you need. You definitely need an ammonia test if your cycling

Heyy yesterday I bought the test kits for testing nitrite and nitrate and I was wondering if this one was okay to use?I started cycling my tank yesterday. Because people have been saying that there bitrite level is like 0. what ever but on this test kit I got it's got: Safe , water change.
Do I need to buy a test kit that tests for 0-8 like the ammonia one?
Heres some photos of the test kit, Hope you can help me :)

IMG_0134.jpg

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

It looks like these are test 'strips' and if so, opinion says they are unreliable, or inaccurate. I like that it tests gh and kh though...

You may want to consider getting a liquid test kit. API Fresh Water Master Test Kit to be exact.
Nutrafin/Hagen has a good one as well, comes in a blue carrying and you'll save alot of money by getting a master kit over buying each test seperately.

Nutrafin - http://www.hagen.com/uk/aquatic/product.cfm?CAT=1&SUBCAT=124&PROD_ID=01078600030101

API - http://www.aquariumpharm.com/Products/Product.aspx?ProductID=67

Okay thanks I think this was about £10 as I live in the UK im not sure how much that is in canada, im bad at maths sorry :( haha im going shopping thursday so i'll pop in the aquarium shop with my friend to see if I can find one :) thanks you again :D

The API is around $30 to $40 CAN, so hmm, maybe 20 or so pounds ?
The nutrafin kit is much more (has more tests that you may not really need) but I mentioned it in case you can't find the API kit.

Good Luck :)

Back
Top Bottom