Is this the right LED light for my planted tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Masha

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I want to buy a LED light setup for my low light planted tank (no CO2 injection so I don't want high light levels)

I found a place that makes custom lights that are much cheaper than imported options, but I don't know enough about LED lights to know if this is the correct light for me.

My tank specs are:
90cm long by 36 cm high by 32 cm wide (90 litres measuring to water line)
In inches that's 35.5 long x 14 high x 12.5 wide (almost 24 gallons)

The guy recommended the following:

60cm 8000K cool white LED bar. Aquashine LED has a beam angle of 140° and will light your aquaria evenly and be sufficient for low light plants. Alternatively you can get a 12Vdc model which is dimmable to suit your lighting requirements but this unit is sold without a 12Vdc adapter. 12Vdc adapters are available at most hardware and electrical stores.

60 cm = about 24 inches long

Looking at their product page Products - Aquashine LED I think that's the 220V Cool white 60cm 60cm 6watt light with 8000K cool white LEDs Supplement for plants Supplement for coral

Does that seem about right for my tank? Sorry to be so dim (no pun intended!) but when I try to read up about LED specs my brain shuts down.

I'm hoping this is good: while there are some lights available in the shops here they are extremely expensive because of the exchange rate, and I can't buy from Amazon as they don't ship electronic equipment over here where I live. :(

I'd say those lights are expensive but I don't know the currency conversion.

I think it would be pretty sufficient for your needs of a low light tank.

Caleb

Back
Top Bottom