Is this worth the money

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
over priced for my area.... i see 120 gal tanks all the time for 100-200 not sure what the equipment is worth.

Does that price include the stand? What kind of skimmer? Of course, ask about copper meds....

I don't thinik it's a great deal but IMO it is an average deal...something that if you pass up you'll see a similar one a week down the road. If the tank is that new and if it comes with everything pictured like the protein skimmer, then it's obviously a better deal. The question is, what are your plans for the tank? Do you want saltwater or freshwater? Also, what fish do you intend to keep? If freshwater, are you looking at going with live plants because that lighting isn't going to be sufficient nor would it be sufficient for corals (SW). Also, you are going to have to purchase a heater and a filter most likely so keep that in mind. If it were me, and all of the stuff were included that is shown, I wouldn't pay more than $325 for it, but I doubt he will take any less than $400. My guess is that his bottom line is $425.

EDIT: Did a quick search near me and found this:http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/for/894061193.html I was only $5 off what I would have paid! Not too bad eh?

Last edited:
I agree with bs6749 in that it`s not really a great deal but it`s not that much off an average price. If the skimmer works then that would be a plus but overall average.

Thank you for the Reply's I am not quite sure I will purchase it would be like opening up a can of worms for me even if I paid $300 for it I would have to invest thousands more in accessories. so It would most likely sit for a while until I hit the lottery.

Back
Top Bottom