issues with Fluval Heater E300

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Guys I got so lucky. Didn't know that Big Al's usually doesn't take equipment back that is already used. But the owner had mercy with me and exchanged the fluval for a marineland submersible 400 watt heater.
Turns out that the 300 watt really wasn't enough for me. The new heater works perfectly fine and holds the temp consistently at 80F for the last 24 hours.
I got an old fashion floating thermometer as well. So no more confusing temp readings.
Bottom line: the fluval heater is a good one but it could be that the watt is not enough for your tank. It really depends on your room temperature. Learned again something new. unfortunately they don't have 400 watt heaters.

I am very happy with my new marineland one. Fish is happy and warm:fish2:Problem solved.

Good news! I guess when selecting a heater you can get what is rated for the tank if the room temp does not fluctuate more than 10-15 degrees, if it does than you need to up the watts!

Still, don't forget about the powerhead or circulation pump. It will really help to avoid hot/cold spots.

I think that's what I gonna do. I am not leaving on the heater for the house on high during the night for the tank heater :rolleyes: where is there the energy saving in this?
I will do the reset thing now one more time and if this turns out the same then this thing gotta go.
The thing is just that I don't know if I grabbed a lemon?! When there is a degree difference during night I can live with that but 4? I go to bed and it's green and at the desired 81F. I get up and it's 77F blue. Of course I turn the house heater lower during nighttime but it's not freezing in here. I don't get it.

The heater might not be big enough to deal with your lowered room temp at night!!!!!! It is very dependent on your room temperature.

The Eheim Jager 150w is my old one and I was very happy with it. It was just to small for my 75gal that's why I tried the big fluval which was by the way again at blue 77F this morning. :banghead:

Get the 200w! Works great for my 75!!! Keeps it steady at 86f!! All year round and it's in the basement with fluctuating room temp.

Guys I got so lucky. Didn't know that Big Al's usually doesn't take equipment back that is already used. But the owner had mercy with me and exchanged the fluval for a marineland submersible 400 watt heater.
Turns out that the 300 watt really wasn't enough for me. The new heater works perfectly fine and holds the temp consistently at 80F for the last 24 hours.
I got an old fashion floating thermometer as well. So no more confusing temp readings.
Bottom line: the fluval heater is a good one but it could be that the watt is not enough for your tank. It really depends on your room temperature. Learned again something new. unfortunately they don't have 400 watt heaters.

I am very happy with my new marineland one. Fish is happy and warm:fish2:Problem solved.

Man!!! Look at the start of page three did you even read what I said? Obviously not or you would have none this when you went in!

The heater might not be big enough to deal with your lowered room temp at night!!!!!! It is very dependent on your room temperature.

I know. That was the problem. My new heater is great. No more problems. Everything is good :)

I know. That was the problem. My new heater is great. No more problems. Everything is good :)

I mentioned it originally when you were first confused about why it was colder in the morning. I mentioned how you might turn your heat down at night to. I was gone for a few days and catching up and just skimmed over the posts. I'm glad everything is good to go now. I'm happy you learned this for future purchases.

Back
Top Bottom