Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian086 View Post
You could bring it back and change it for another(same model) but you will need that circulation pump either way, especially for a tank that size....
Have a read of this, it should help.....
Good circulation pump for 75 gallon planted
The most weird thing about it is that I don't get the LF message anymore, when the second heater is in the water. How is that possible? What does the other heater have to do with water flow? I am truly confused.

Old 03-11-2014, 02:14 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Activist

Hydor Koralia Nano 240

Ian do I understand it right, that I would need two of those for 75gal? And that bigger ones are just to strong?

Old 03-11-2014, 06:24 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle71 View Post
Ian do I understand it right, that I would need two of those for 75gal? And that bigger ones are just to strong?
No, your fine with one. They are rated for 100g. Do you have an old internal filter??. You could pop that in, with NO media and leave it for a day or two. If you get no LF flashing, then we know the problem. Is there anyway you can place the heater in the flow of your filter. That could solve the problem too.....
PS....I have the E200 in my 55g.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:48 PM   #24
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
No, your fine with one. They are rated for 100g. Do you have an old internal filter??. You could pop that in, with NO media and leave it for a day or two. If you get no LF flashing, then we know the problem. Is there anyway you can place the heater in the flow of your filter. That could solve the problem too.....
PS....I have the E200 in my 55g.
I have two marineland emperor filter. The only cacheable movement might be on the other side across from it. I can try that
Old 03-12-2014, 07:23 AM   #25
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
I have two marineland emperor filter. The only cacheable movement might be on the other side across from it. I can try that
It works I have the heater now in the left front corner across one of the filters. No more LF.
But there is still one thing about this heater I don't understand. I have it set for 81F. During the day it keeps the Temp nicely in the green zone 80, 81, 82F
In the morning it's blue and at 79 or 78F.
Shouldn't this heater keep the water in the green zone?
Old 03-12-2014, 05:11 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Activist

After some research on the Company side I found something interesting.
They wrote to try the following to adjust the temp. :

The E Heater is very visual, and is showing you in detail what is happening in the tank. You are seeing changes that you would not likely see with a heater that simply has an on/off indicator light.

Your E heater may have needed to be reset, to do this turn off the heater and re-position the heater on a 45 degree angle, then turn on the heater and turn down the temp as low as it will go, 18 degree’s, then turn up the heater as high as it will go, 34 degree’s, after this set the heater to the desired temp and leave at a 45 degree angle.

You may find it helps if the heater is positioned on a 45 degree angle to disperse the heat .The heater is so sensitive, it may read the water temp inside the heater guard if positioned vertically and if the water circulation around the heater is compromised in any way.

I tried that and since then I have no problems anymore. I have it hanging in a 45 degree angle now on the right side close to the front.
No more LF and no more blue.
Fingers crossed that it will be the same tomorrow morning
Old 03-12-2014, 05:41 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
After some research on the Company side I found something interesting.
They wrote to try the following to adjust the temp. :

The E Heater is very visual, and is showing you in detail what is happening in the tank. You are seeing changes that you would not likely see with a heater that simply has an on/off indicator light.

Your E heater may have needed to be reset, to do this turn off the heater and re-position the heater on a 45 degree angle, then turn on the heater and turn down the temp as low as it will go, 18 degree’s, then turn up the heater as high as it will go, 34 degree’s, after this set the heater to the desired temp and leave at a 45 degree angle.

You may find it helps if the heater is positioned on a 45 degree angle to disperse the heat .The heater is so sensitive, it may read the water temp inside the heater guard if positioned vertically and if the water circulation around the heater is compromised in any way.

I tried that and since then I have no problems anymore. I have it hanging in a 45 degree angle now on the right side close to the front.
No more LF and no more blue.
Fingers crossed that it will be the same tomorrow morning
Why didn't I think of that Mine is at 45 degrees!!
Old 03-12-2014, 06:22 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Why didn't I think of that Mine is at 45 degrees!!
It's ok Ian. Don't cry
Old 03-12-2014, 08:01 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
It's ok Ian. Don't cry
Ah well. At least we got there in the end...haha
Old 03-13-2014, 09:04 AM   #30
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Ah well. At least we got there in the end...haha
I just don't get it. Yesterday everything was fine all day long.
This morning LED blue 77F. What the hell?
Why is this thing not heating during the night?
I'm done with it. Bringing it back and get a cheaper one. What a piece of...

Tags
ate, eat, eater, fluval, heat, heater, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com