Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-13-2014, 10:54 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Maybe your house is colder a night making your room temp lower. Your heater is really dependent on your room temp not just size of tank and wattage.for instance if you want your tank at 30c and your room temp is at 18. Then you will need a bigger heater then if your room temp was 25c.

Old 03-13-2014, 10:56 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

Hey turtle! The temp in my 29 goes down a degree at night and I have a 150 watt heater in it. Maybe return the fancy one and get another 200 to go with your 150 you have?

Old 03-13-2014, 02:33 PM   #33
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brookster123 View Post
Hey turtle! The temp in my 29 goes down a degree at night and I have a 150 watt heater in it. Maybe return the fancy one and get another 200 to go with your 150 you have?
I think that's what I gonna do. I am not leaving on the heater for the house on high during the night for the tank heater where is there the energy saving in this?
I will do the reset thing now one more time and if this turns out the same then this thing gotta go.
The thing is just that I don't know if I grabbed a lemon?! When there is a degree difference during night I can live with that but 4? I go to bed and it's green and at the desired 81F. I get up and it's 77F blue. Of course I turn the house heater lower during nighttime but it's not freezing in here. I don't get it.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:37 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

I wouldn't use it in my tank..
Old 03-13-2014, 04:21 PM   #35
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wish I hadn't recommended fluval now turtle I'm sorry. They are normally a very reliable brand, sounds like you have a very fancy model. Maybe something more basic but with a temperature control knob would be good.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Aquarium Advice mobile app
Old 03-13-2014, 05:04 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishyfriends3 View Post
Wish I hadn't recommended fluval now turtle I'm sorry. They are normally a very reliable brand, sounds like you have a very fancy model. Maybe something more basic but with a temperature control knob would be good.

I liked this heater in the store when I first put my eye on it a couple of weeks ago. I just had no idea how fancy and difficult it is to work with. I'm tired of fishing around in the tank adjusting, resetting, angle this and angle that. My fish is rolling their eyes at me like: what is she doing now again?
A normal heater with knob and a in water thermometer will do better. For me anyways.
Old 03-13-2014, 05:19 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Yeah agreed.

Old 03-13-2014, 05:33 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Activist

If it were me I'd just get another Fluval. Even the best made equipment will have defects from time to time, more so these days due to poor quality control to save $$. The E series are one of the best heaters on the market currently. Besides, you are now an expert in how they work!

If you are set on getting a cheaper more basic heater look at Eheim Jager. I have a 150w and it works well, they are quite big when compared to other heaters though.
Old 03-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice Addict

2 aqueon pros on opposite sides!
Old 03-14-2014, 11:33 AM   #40
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quote:
Originally Posted by anibis View Post
If it were me I'd just get another Fluval. Even the best made equipment will have defects from time to time, more so these days due to poor quality control to save $$. The E series are one of the best heaters on the market currently. Besides, you are now an expert in how they work!

If you are set on getting a cheaper more basic heater look at Eheim Jager. I have a 150w and it works well, they are quite big when compared to other heaters though.
The Eheim Jager 150w is my old one and I was very happy with it. It was just to small for my 75gal that's why I tried the big fluval which was by the way again at blue 77F this morning.

Tags
ate, eat, eater, fluval, heat, heater, val

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com