It was going to happen sooner or later

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Melissajk

Aquarium Advice Freak
Last night doing my usual maintenance. I changed my sock, and didn't secure the hose from my phosphate reactor draining into my sock. Around 12:00 am I heard a loud grinding noise. Well the hose from the phosphate reactor drained all my sump water all over my living room floor. What a mess. Thank god I have a tile floor. So today I have to get another return pump. The one in the sump ran dry and now is very noisy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I would cry if that happened. It's a lesson learned I guess. I didn't buy a new pump yet. The girl at the lfs to me to take the pump apart to make sure nothing got stuck in it. Well I took her advice, did what she said and nope it is still noisy. It's working though. I will probably pick up one this weekend.

It's really weird. We shut off the pump last Friday to do our weekly wc. The pump was off for an hour. When we turned it on it was quiet and working great. I'm glad I held off in buying a new pump.

Back
Top Bottom