JBJ Arctica Titanium Chiller or Aqua Euro USA Max Chill ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PB_Smith

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well I'm gonna get a chiller this week, possibly tomorrow and I have settled between two that fit my needs and budget;

JBJ Arctica Titanium Chiller

and this one;

Aqua Euro USA Max Chill Aquarium Chiller

they have almost the same specs although the JBJ unit is rated for bit more, but it also cost $120 more.

shipping isn't an issue because I can will call from them and the lfs I go to said they will match online prices for the JBJ unit, so it just a matter of picking one and getting it.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these, good or bad. The reviews are about the same for both on marinedepot.

I am leaning towards the JBJ unit because of it has a little edge on cooling capacity, at least on paper, but 120 bucks is 120 bucks after all!

Well after thinking it over, I went ahead and got the JBJ unit. It has a bit more cooling power and if I manage to get my 80 gallon out of storage and set-up, the JBJ unit will still be big enough where the other one wouldn't.

it also helped that the lfs knocked $20 off the price for me. ;)

now to make room and get this sucker set-up before the temp hits 85 again.

Ok, got it all set-up.
So far I'm happy, and my fish and corals are even happier :)
No more up and down temp swings and as it is only beginning to get hot, I'm glad I pulled the trigger and got it.

When I hooked it up the tank was at 83.8 degrees and climbing so I calibrated it and set it to 79 degrees.
It pulled it down to 79 in about 30-40 minutes, the calibration drifted by about .5, so I recalibrated it and it's holding so far.

it's pretty quiet, but it does pump out some heat.

Back
Top Bottom