Jeabo WaveMaker

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have not personally used them, but there are other members that have use them and really enjoy them. I want to say there was one or two negative thoughts on them as they burned out a month or two into their use.

I just bought the wp40 for my 120 gallon. It is really powerful.
The only thing that I don't like is that the night sensor has to have a little light in the room to work. Also on its lowest setting it still blows sand at the other end of th tank. I've had it for 2 weeks now we'll see how long it lasts.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

The only thing that I don't like is that the night sensor has to have a little light in the room to work. Also on its lowest setting it still blows sand at the other end of th tank. I've had it for 2 weeks now we'll see how long it lasts.

Really a single wp40 is causing sandstorms in a 120? I've got a wp10 running on w2 at 75% in my 10 with no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yea, it moved all the sand on the other side of the aquarium. I'll take a picture when I get home. We had it on W2. With the dial turned about 25%. Last night we set it on else and that seems to help a little bit.

I am running a WP25 in a 90g. It doesn't cause a sandstorm but it does move the substrate quite well to match the waves in the water.

I am very happy with it at the moment and have been running it for approximately 6 months or so.

If the lowest setting is too strong for you, you might buy one of these-
PWM Dimmer Switch in Line Manual Knob Style 12V 24V for 1 Single LED Strip Light | eBay
It will allow you to turn it down further.
I am one of the ones who had a Jebao wp40 crap out on me after a couple months and no one would honor the warranty. Even a wholesale supplier i deal with has in giant red letters-
******** WILL NOT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE JEBAO PUMPS**
** Let your customer know, buy at their own risk **

That said, I got another from a friend and have been using it for a few months also, and it's still running (I use that dimmer switch on my current tank that has the same footprint as your 120).
I also recently bought a RW15 that I like a bit better. Not bad for the price....IF it doesn't quit on me.
Another hundred and I could get a vortech :ermm:

See how it is still blowing the sand to the center of the tank.

Attachments

• 1425049117993.jpg
    1425049117993.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 81
I bought my jeabo on amazon, so if it stops working hopefully amazon will return it. Thanks for the info on the dimmer I'll look into it.

I have had mine for almost a year now small problems here and there whenever tge electricity goes out but it is still working. I have mine on my 125 and my sand does not blow around you might want to point it in an upwards position.

How far down do you have it placed in the tank. I tried pointing it up and water sloshed out of the tank

I don't remember how to post a video through taptalk but here is a picture of how I have mine.
It is set on W1 its a slow wave movement.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Xparent Green Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425092890072.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425092890072.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 68
  • uploadfromtaptalk1425092912268.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1425092912268.jpg
    170.6 KB · Views: 42
Back
Top Bottom