Jebao DC return pumps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sonomakid

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Curious is anyone as any experience with these ? the good and the bad and would the dc-6000 be to much for my 55g ?

I remember reading about the generation 1 pumps has increased possibilty to malfunction. Generation 1 has 10 min pause for feeding. Due to that reason I did not get jebao. Instead I got an eheim.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have one and i think they are great, you can dial them down to adjust the amount of flow that you require.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I'm looking to buy one (the 12000 version) for my 240g this week from SuperMart on eBay. I've heard nothing but good about them, but have never owned one.

I have a SpeedWave 2640 running my 225 gallon on number three. Mine is the first generation with the 10 minute feed but I've had no problems as it's in the sump so it's water cooled. I'm still keeping the Mag 12 and 18 it replaced just incase. It's been running 6 months and it's using half the energy as the mag pumps with more GPH. When I can afford it I'll look into one for my skimmer.

The 6000 is most likely too large for your system but just dial it down. That's the Beauty of a DC pump.

Cons. The threads look like it would easy to cross thread and the plastic looks thin.

Good luck!

I also had the SPEEDWAVE 2640. It failed after something like 6 months. I talked to the original designer and there was a flaw in the first gen which were sold by a Canadian company H2O. Check my thread in equipment for the whole run down. Anyhow I would not buy the JABAO, SPEEDWAVE or diablo pumps as they are simply the same manufacturing run of the pumps. God forbid the cheap Chinese would ever stop producing something simply because it has a major fault.

I got one few months ago and is great, change flow rate and silent when running.

God forbid the cheap Chinese would ever stop producing something simply because it has a major fault.

I know, right! I wish they will stop making iphone. :lol:

I have the 6000 since 01/27/2014 and no problems believe this is the 2nd or 3red generation. The DC 6000 is stated to be 1425gph and I forgot what head (Head is the height at which a pump can raise water up) So, since this has 6 speed settings - 100%, 90%, 85%, 80%, 70% and 60%, the first speed @ 60% will be 855gph.. 2nd speed will be 70% @ 977GPH. & so on.

I know, right! I wish they will stop making iphone. :lol:

I have the 6000 since 01/27/2014 and no problems believe this is the 2nd or 3red generation. The DC 6000 is stated to be 1425gph and I forgot what head (Head is the height at which a pump can raise water up) So, since this has 6 speed settings - 100%, 90%, 85%, 80%, 70% and 60%, the first speed @ 60% will be 855gph.. 2nd speed will be 70% @ 977GPH. & so on.

That would be at zero head height though correct ? So since i have going to have a head height of about 4ft i should be perfectly fine.

That would be at zero head height though correct ? So since i have going to have a head height of about 4ft i should be perfectly fine.

Did you get a chance to read my post under equipment? It sounds like your still considering this pump, which is NOT a second or third gen waveland pump. It's a first gen faulty pump. Waveland have the ONLY second and third gen pumps. JABAO SPEEDWAVE and diablo are all first gen pumps.

Did you get a chance to read my post under equipment? It sounds like your still considering this pump, which is NOT a second or third gen waveland pump. It's a first gen faulty pump. Waveland have the ONLY second and third gen pumps. JABAO SPEEDWAVE and diablo are all first gen pumps.

Yeah i am still considering as this isnt the only forum i post on and the positive as out weighed the negative by at least a 3 to 1 margin and in my knowledge of a business background that would mean that there is no way they are as bad as some people may be saying they are cause we all know bad word of mouth faster 10x's faster than good.

Good luck then.
One last thing before I let it drop. Look at how long these guys in this thread have been using the pumps. 6 months, a few months and less than 9 months. They all love it.
I loved mine for about 6 months until it failed. LOVED IT! And I will buy a Waveland 10000 or 1200 gen 3 one day.
'nuff said.

Understand been few problems with the pump but are you trying say that other brands don't break.

Understand been few problems with the pump but are you trying say that other brands don't break.

Glad I am not the only 1 that seen this. Cause that is exactly what it sounds like

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Well nothing electric is 100% theses days but not saying theirs not better out there, I just like the jabeo pump and powerheads they do.

Back
Top Bottom