Jebao Down!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm disappointed to say although I'm not (and shouldn't be) surprised that my RW-15 Jebao powerhead is already malfunctioning in under a year of use. The problem lies with the controller for the pump is constantly stuck in whatever mode I leave it on. Once it's been running for a little while the controller won't respond to anything including feed mode or turning the knob to increase/decrease the pump. If I want to change settings or turn off the pump to feed I have to pull the plug and plug it back in. Doing this also causes a nice big spark from the power cables connection to the control unit.

At this point I'm looking for some good ideas for new powerheads. I think I'd like to go smaller but have more power heads for better coverage. I'm looking at the Tunze powerheads especially because I can use my new Apex with them. I'm just curious how you guys feel about these powerheads and setting up maybe 4 to cover my 5' tank (2 on sides and 2 on back glass). And I'm still very new to the apex system so if anyone knows how exactly they connect to the apex and can tell me I'd appreciate it. I'm going to look it up now but I'd like to hear of some experiences.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Tunze is a name that speaks quality...well, it did. I have no experience with the power heads you speak of though- only the models from years ago, and those worked well.
As for the Jebao products, you are not alone. I have had multiple problems with them. You get what you pay for.

Bite the bullet and get a vortech!!!

I have considered the Vortech many times and I do like what I've read a lot..at this point I'm not counting it out. If tunze has quality at its price point then it seems a much better fit for what I want to achieve. I was thinking of 4 smaller power heads to hit the tank at different angles and speeds throughout the day sometimes against each other. I don't want to create crazy flow patterns in my tank but I want to really hit everything to avoid dead zones. The Vortech may be in most people's eyes the best technology and best working but I'm worried that 1 won't do what I want and the fiancé will take my wallet before I get 2 lol.

How bigs the tank? I definitely understand the money aspect. They're not cheap lol! I've heard great things about the max spect gyre as well

5ft long 2ft deep 18inch front to back. Calculator said it was 112gal

I just looked up that gyre I'm gonna research it because that sounds amazing! Thanks for telling me about it

Back
Top Bottom