Jebao RW-4 x2 vs RW-15 x1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Beej1254

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Well the past 5 days I've been experimenting with the Jebao RW pumps. I originally ordered 2 of the RW-4 pumps in hopes of having one on each side of my 5' 110 gal tank. I desperately needed to replace 2 cheap power heads with bad suction cups. The pumps themselves feel solid and are good build quality I like them a lot. The controllers not so much but they definitely work well. The only thing I didn't like was out of the 3 controllers I have they all sparked when plugging them in at the connection to the controller. Just freaks me out especially after reading about the tragedy another AA member just faced...

Anyway the way I setup the RW-4s at first it seemed like even at max power they didn't do anything inside my tank. They almost didn't even kick up sand. I quickly ordered the RW-15 the same day and continued to test out the 4s for 2 days. I was excited to have 2 pumps that could work together to create more of an ocean feel to my tank so only getting 1 of the 15s bummed me out but I figured sense it has a much higher GPH it would compensate. Maaaan was I right the 15 blows my tank around like its nothing and I have been struggling all day to find the best placement for it. I tried just about every setup I could think of and every power setting but it's just destroying/annoying everything.

It's now after 4 am and I have the RW-4s back in the tank in equal locations on either side of the back of the tank aiming slightly downward. I should have thought of this setup sooner honestly...they appear to be working well and my fish are actually swimming around again. Tomorrow I'll be watching it closely to see if this will be the winner. I think I'll enjoy having more smaller power heads around the tank vs 1 big *** one and I'll probably get another RW-4.

So in conclusion I'm enjoying the functionality of the pumps and the fact they can be run together. For a cheap ($50 on Amazon) you can't beat it with what it can do. And someone please tell me if you can.

Alright to completely throw out what I said before...I made the final choice and am sticking with the single rw-15 at one end of the tank aiming at the surface. It's working well and it feels good.

Back
Top Bottom