Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-05-2013, 08:26 PM   #21
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
Starbucks coffee sucks, plus it's high priced. We are talking about starbucks coffee in a generic container sold cheaper, and the ad states "tastes just like starbucks!".
To take what I said about this pump with a grain of salt would be quite foolish, since I stated nothing but facts.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:39 PM   #22
Aquarium Advice Freak

Sorry I'm not here to start fights I'm just trying to get into the hobby.....

Old 11-05-2013, 11:40 PM   #23
Aquarium Advice Freak

Mr X. What would you recommend for a 75 gal corner flow? Money is tight because I am towards the end of the buying guarantee equipment process.
Old 11-06-2013, 03:00 AM   #24
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

although I must admit that only time will tell how these WP40s hold up, I don't understand why people feel that they must bash them because of whatever stupid reasons they may have. point is its a $80-$90 powerhead that can match a $450 powerheads flow, and also offers quite a few of the same wave options. really the only thing the Jabeos cant do at this point is wirelessly communicate, which I believe Jabeo is looking into at this moment. I don't see how someone can spend hundreds of dollars on a powerhead that has a fixed angle, I don't care how wide its flow pattern is. I also am not stupid, I know that the company had to cut corners and make sacrifices to keep the price low, but who cares. I don't expect my wp40 to last 5,6,7 years. also I do believe there are bearings on the dry side of the Vortechs that when they need replaced, are quite expensive. all in all, even if I have to buy a new wp40 every year, I think it works out in my favor as opposed to buying a vortech
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:27 PM   #25
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydxmas View Post
Mr X. What would you recommend for a 75 gal corner flow? Money is tight because I am towards the end of the buying guarantee equipment process.
There are a few decent units that have been on the market for some time and are known from many people's experience to last.
A very common one is the Hydor Koralia.
Another I like is the Aqueon power head.
Seio prop pumps also last.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
although I must admit that only time will tell how these WP40s hold up, I don't understand why people feel that they must bash them because of whatever stupid reasons they may have. point is its a $80-$90 powerhead that can match a $450 powerheads flow, and also offers quite a few of the same wave options. really the only thing the Jabeos cant do at this point is wirelessly communicate, which I believe Jabeo is looking into at this moment. I don't see how someone can spend hundreds of dollars on a powerhead that has a fixed angle, I don't care how wide its flow pattern is. I also am not stupid, I know that the company had to cut corners and make sacrifices to keep the price low, but who cares. I don't expect my wp40 to last 5,6,7 years. also I do believe there are bearings on the dry side of the Vortechs that when they need replaced, are quite expensive. all in all, even if I have to buy a new wp40 every year, I think it works out in my favor as opposed to buying a vortech
Stupid reasons? Like crapping out after just a few months? I don't understand why people who have no experience with a new product seem to stand up for it like they built the freaken thing themselves.
Buy one every year for the next 10 years, I don't care. I'm just telling you they can and do quit quite prematurely and have no warranty to speak of.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:18 PM   #26
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_X View Post
There are a few decent units that have been on the market for some time and are known from many people's experience to last.
A very common one is the Hydor Koralia.
Another I like is the Aqueon power head.
Seio prop pumps also last.

Stupid reasons? Like crapping out after just a few months? I don't understand why people who have no experience with a new product seem to stand up for it like they built the freaken thing themselves.
Buy one every year for the next 10 years, I don't care. I'm just telling you they can and do quit quite prematurely and have no warranty to speak of.
What size Hydors and how many?
Old 11-07-2013, 04:25 PM   #27
Aquarium Advice Addict

Well, what are you planning to keep in your tank? If it's sps, I would consider at least 2 x 1500gph or better.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:33 PM   #28
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Well, what are you planning to keep in your tank? If it's sps, I would consider at least 2 x 1500gph or better.
Well I will put it to you this way. I don't wanna have to worry about upgrading. I want to be able to keep whatever. It's a 75 gal tank. Thoughts?
Old 11-07-2013, 09:16 PM   #29
Aquarium Advice Addict

That will be 40x turnover without your return pump, so I think that will be plenty.
Hydor Koralia Evolution - Bulk Reef Supply
Old 11-07-2013, 11:40 PM   #30
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
That will be 40x turnover without your return pump, so I think that will be plenty.
Hydor Koralia Evolution - Bulk Reef Supply
Is it OK for them to run 24/7 in the tank? The fish and corals won't mind that? And do they work with any controllers or do I have to unplug them at feeding time?

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com