Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-08-2013, 12:08 AM   #31
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
I never shut off any of my power heads for any reason. They run constantly 24/7/365.

Old 11-08-2013, 01:19 AM   #32
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Stupid reasons? Like crapping out after just a few months? I don't understand why people who have no experience with a new product seem to stand up for it like they built the freaken thing themselves.
Buy one every year for the next 10 years, I don't care. I'm just telling you they can and do quit quite prematurely and have no warranty to speak of.[/QUOTE]

you've had 1 maybe 2 personal experiences with them and may have heard from a select few others experiencing the same issues, out of probably tens of thousands of units sold. i don't understand why people with extremely limited experience with a product have to bash them. anybody that expects a $80 powerhead to have the same build quality and lifespan as a $450 powerhead is fooling themselves. heck for all we know, they very well may turn out to last 5-6 years. only time will tell, until then, im ok spending $80 to test-drive what looks to be a great powerhead.

huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #33
Aquarium Advice Freak

So I don't need 50x gph for a mixed reef?
Old 11-08-2013, 06:25 PM   #34
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydxmas View Post
So I don't need 50x gph for a mixed reef?
You should be just fine with 2 x 1500 gph units.

Quote:
Originally Posted by huma-huma View Post
Stupid reasons? Like crapping out after just a few months? I don't understand why people who have no experience with a new product seem to stand up for it like they built the freaken thing themselves.
Buy one every year for the next 10 years, I don't care. I'm just telling you they can and do quit quite prematurely and have no warranty to speak of.
you've had 1 maybe 2 personal experiences with them and may have heard from a select few others experiencing the same issues, out of probably tens of thousands of units sold. i don't understand why people with extremely limited experience with a product have to bash them. anybody that expects a $80 powerhead to have the same build quality and lifespan as a $450 powerhead is fooling themselves. heck for all we know, they very well may turn out to last 5-6 years. only time will tell, until then, im ok spending $80 to test-drive what looks to be a great powerhead.[/QUOTE]
Tens of thousands of units sold? Are you kidding me? Where are you getting that from? Maybe tens of thousands of koralias sold, but I bet not even a thousand of these were sold yet.
I didn't bash them. I told the truth. The unit failed, and I have no warranty. It sure doesn't "look to be a great power head" to me!
Would you prefer I not say anything and just tell folks..."mine failed but yours may be a great power head!"? Or "mine must have been a bad unit, but I bet the rest are better"?
No. Piece of junk is what I'm sticking with.
Old 11-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #35
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

it doesn't change the fact that you had one bad experience with them and decide to tell everyone their a piece of junk. I don't care, continue calling them junk, keep pushing people away from them I don't care. glad to see people are so quick to jump to conclusions, not to mention you don't ever once state the website or supplier you bought it from or if you even followed through on attempting to fulfill the warranty replacement.

edit*** to the OP, im fully confident that with a little bit of research in the company or supplier you buy through, you wont experience any issues with warranty replacements.
huma-huma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #36
Aquarium Advice Addict

I explained the whole process and the seller in another thread. If anyone wants to know they need but to ask. How can you vouch for a company or companies you don't even know about? Ok everyone ...rest assured, because huma huma says so...lol.
Old 01-28-2014, 11:58 PM   #37
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Well after 6 month use of my Jebao WP40 the controller is not working properly but I did find the controller box on ebay for $20. I still like them over the hydors any day. After they changed the style of the hydor it no longers works properly. Every time I turned it off to do water ch as nge and turn it back on it went backwords and I would have to unplug it and plug it back in repeatedly till it started to blow forward. I did like the old style. Wish they would have never changed them. But I do love my WP40 especially how the wave was doing in my tank. So I will be ordering the box to replace the other one.
Old 03-05-2014, 12:17 PM   #38
Aquarium Advice Addict

I just looked on one of my wholesalers' website and they post this-
** ****, LLC WILL NOT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE JEBAO PUMPS**
** Let your customer know, buy at their own risk **
Old 03-05-2014, 01:30 PM   #39
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Wow.... Don't know what I did but I got mine to start working again. Running like a champ..... Knock on wood.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com