Jebao wp40 power head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lloydxmas

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am building a 75gal tank with 40gal sump. I was wondering how many of these power heads I would need. I was thinking 2 one for wave making and one for just straight power head. Please help. I wanna purchase today!

at least three. you would need two on each side and one in the center of the back of the glass. the one in the center of the wall doesn't have to be a wp40, something less potent is OK such that there's a current everywhere

at least three. you would need two on each side and one in the center of the back of the glass. the one in the center of the wall doesn't have to be a wp40, something less potent is OK such that there's a current everywhere

I was thinking one was almost enough gph for a 75gal reef. 75x50. So buy one to keep on wave mode which will move water all around and then one more to keep as a straight flow power head to hit the dead area.... I'm I just not understanding this?

One wp 40 should be more than enough for a 75 with your return output .

So we just went from three of them to one pump.? With one head wouldn't I still have dead spots or will the wave action take care of that?

One wp40 will push water over 5 feet . Imo start with one and see how it does. I really don't think you will need another .

Will the wave motion keep me from having dead areas?

personal experience is telling me you will have dead spots with just 1 powerhead. i was wrong about the specs of the wp40. but my three powerheads recommendation still stands. yes, in terms of turnover ratio, one wp40 is enough, but that's considering the tank very narrow and long. 50inches in my opinion is nowhere narrow by any standard. if you check out Mr. Saltwater tank on Youtube, you would see the setup he has for his 300+gal tank. 3 of his powerheads are more than sufficient to cover the tank if you look at the spec, but he used 6, i believe, to cover all angles. what i meant to say before is that you can probably get 2 wp40 but run it at the low-medium range, so that you're not blowing water off the tank. but you WILL need more than 1 to cover a tank that size.

They are junk IME. Don't expect a warranty from the manufacturer.
I don't understand why you would make this comment and not provide the reasoning behind it.
to the OP, id say start with one and go from there. we are talking about a powerhead that moves 3,000gph. and although its true that o matter the flow, a fixed current pattern will cause dead spots, but that's where the jabeos controller comes into play. this unit will make waves in your tank that you wont believe. and honestly ive had a wp40 for about 2 months and I love it. plan on buying another.
and don't buy 2 wp25's... theres roughly a $5-$8 price difference between the wp25's and wp40's....go with the 40

I don't understand why you would make this comment and not provide the reasoning behind it.
to the OP, id say start with one and go from there. we are talking about a powerhead that moves 3,000gph. and although its true that o matter the flow, a fixed current pattern will cause dead spots, but that's where the jabeos controller comes into play. this unit will make waves in your tank that you wont believe. and honestly ive had a wp40 for about 2 months and I love it. plan on buying another.
and don't buy 2 wp25's... theres roughly a $5-$8 price difference between the wp25's and wp40's....go with the 40

I bought two wp40s. One for wave effect and one for straight flow behind the rockscape.

my local reef club recently had a group buy of the jebao wps and they have reported great functionality of the powerheads for the money

Great functionality? What exactly does this mean? They work when they are new?
Poorly made and the wave function is about useless. That and the fact that mine took a crap on me after just a few months. Not the seller nor the manufacturer honored any warranty.

Ouch. Makes me feel I made the worst decision on the build yet!

Well, I hope you have better luck than I did. And I hope you feel that a power head that goes on for 2 seconds and then off for 2 seconds is a satisfactory wave function.
The only reason i bought it was because I wanted a powerful power head for a cheap price, and I did get that, if it would have lasted I mean.

yeah, everyone's entitle to their own opinions based on their experience with the product. my local reef club didn't order a batch of Jebao's without people's recommendation or satisfaction with the product. i have once tried to use a AquaLife mini skimmer 115 without avail even though i have done my share of research before making the purchase. one thing i do have to say is that they do lack the level of quality control that other manufacturers have and it might just irk some potential buyers off while others see no reason to back down from a good offer (Starbucks came to my mind when i think about the bad coffee and yet the lines of people waiting to buy some). everything has a price on it and i suppose the lesson of life is to take everything said with a grain of salt

Back
Top Bottom