JEBO Aquarium * New to me * ???'s Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Autumnsky

Site Team
Last week I got a JEBO R375 kg, was told it is 37 gal (TRUE or FALSE and if not what is it???)

It has its own filter built in the back. it has the instructions, but any personal recommendations on what media to put in. She gave me white chunky rocks and charcoal for it. I have never seen one quite like it.

And a stand. It is very clean, and was dry and wrapped up when I purchased it.

I will be using black sand, with decorative rocks, the "awesome" rock is appx. 20" and looks like a lava rock, hollow 2/3rds around, cylindrical tube. also same smaller ones, and are tannish grey. I tried the vinegar test and it didn't fizz?! It had already been in the tank before.

There will be plants of undetermined type, depends on what lighting I have and what is available, I was planning a low tech light tank, but I understand the lighting system is good for plants. ???

It has room for two light bulbs, two switchs, one light bulb broke in transit, it has a 10000k blue 55W, both bulbs were the same.

What would be recommended for this, same as was in it? it takes a special 4 prong base and has a double bulb, so I may have to buy from them $19.99.

What can this do for plants, low, med, or high light capabilities? I would rather not spend any other money on additional lighting set-ups, just the light bulb.

I have never paid any attention to lighting as I didn't really keep much for plants, my fish usually ate them.

I was intending to keep peaceful tropical community.

Does anyone have one of these and tell me what it is good for, good/bad experiences all the help I can get. Let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you.

I have no idea what size that is sorry. What kind of bulbs? T8, t5no, t5ho, etc? The blue bulb would be an actinic. Practically useless for plants. Ideally you want to aim for bulbs of 6500 kelvin for plants.
What kind of fish are you interested in?

Mumma- I will have to look up the bulb thing, IDNK.

The tank will have pretty much what is on my profile, Filter shrimp, 3 amanos, 5 Harlequin Rasboras, 5 neons, 4" Spotted Raphael cat, female Betta, 3 Cories, 5 glowlight tetras, and 2 Black skirt Tetras, 3-6 guppies. Maybe add a few fish to up the sizes of the shoals.

Any other members with the JEBO tank, pointers about setting it up, it has a built in filter setup in the back. Anyone have any pointers about that?

Will be finding out more about the lights Monday.

Those are what is known as Power Compact Florescents. They are basically a T5 bent in two. They are available from other sources such as electrical supply houses. As Mumma has already stated you want tubes in the 6500K to 5000K range for growing plants.

Back
Top Bottom