Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-28-2005, 10:49 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Jebo canister won't prime?

Ok first I got no instructions with it... I also didn't get any with my jebo light but that's a different problem.
I hooked up the tubing and everything according to the picture and common sense. Most of the stuff only fit tightly one way. On the box it had basic instructions for when you change media. It said hook the tubes back up and turn the valves to open. Done. Press the button to prime and water will flow in the intake and out the other tube. Done. About 100 times. No water. After that is says plug it in... So of course next I tried plugging it in without water and pumping it. If I close the valve and press I can see an air bubble move down the tube but open it looks like nothing is happening. I'm just pumping air over and over again.
Can't find instructions on jebo's site.

aqh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2005, 11:58 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist
Problem solved. Cut the tubing a little shorter. Then I pushed the button and some water ran. Then I pushed it again and held it and lots of bubbles came out the other tube. I think it's running fine now. No media though and the spray bar was putting out enough water pressure it moved some of my eco complete around.

aqh88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2005, 12:56 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak
You must fill the cannister almost completely with water or at least 3/4 full before priming.Hold the button down 5-10 seconds and again until air is purged.You need not hold down the button more than 3 times when completely filled with water. Great filters! Enjoy geat results
piranha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2005, 11:43 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak
Making sure your filter is full of water is key. I filled my to the brim and put thetop on and let the over flow go into a plastic pan. While it can make a temporary mess. lowering the discharge (spray bar) below the level of the top of the tank can also help. Once the tubes are full, restarting the filter for cleaning is pretty easy. My Jebo 828 is in dry dock right now, I looking for a tank to go with it! Good filter IMO.
90 gal planted, CO2, angels, neons, GN Plecos, GB Rams, Corys,Clown Loaches
90 planted, under construction, CO2 2.9 wpg
caribou is offline   Reply With Quote

canister, jebo, prime, rim

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com