Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-09-2005, 01:32 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

JEBO Cannister Filter

I posted this question in another forum but have not gotten any responses yet, but a lot of views. I saw a JEBO cannister filter on Ebay recently at a very good price. Does anyone have any experience with this filters? The price is good but I've never seen anyone talk about this brand of filter on AA. I'm looking at the large 828 model (300 gal ph). I think the seller is thefishfactorywi.com I'm thinking of getting for a backup filter or for use in the future on my 29 gal (dry). Thanks

Old 02-09-2005, 01:57 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok this is opinion and what I have heard so take it with a grain of salt - JEBO has a reputation for building poor quality and low cost products. Most of this reputation comes from their light fixtures. I think their canisters are relatively new on the market. I have seen posts on other forums in regards to their filters and I have not seen anything bad posted. A few even said they liked them. This having been said, I personally would be a little leary based on what I have heard about their light fixtures. I would think it would be highly unlikely that a company would make low quality lights but high quality filters. Of course if the cost is cheap enough, it could be worth a gamble. Good luck. If you decide to get one, come back here and post a review of them so that the rest of us can learn from your experience.

greenfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2005, 02:10 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Ok I found a review for you here: http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...highlight=jebo

Edit: Ouch. I just read that review. Be sure to read the "Verdict" section. I see JEBO's reputation is intact

Old 02-09-2005, 02:50 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Wow! Thanks for the in depth review. Pictures were amazing. Looks like this filter is not perfect by any means buts because of the price I think I can find a use for it somewhere. My main filter is a Eheim 2217. I'll probably buy one to see how it works. Bad quality tubing & etc does not bother me, I alway have a few feet of good tubing laying around and recyle fittings from old stuff. Much thanks for your efforts. Caribou
Old 02-09-2005, 02:55 AM   #5
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribou
Much thanks for your efforts
You're welcome. Glad I could help!

Old 02-09-2005, 10:03 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

You've just found one satisfied owner.I've researched every cannister on the market .This is the first one I've owned and probably will stick to this brand.If your looking for performance,excellent value, and great reviews from many owners,this is your filter. It has all the features of the cadillac of cannisters(Eheim pro series) as they call them.Priming button,media included,no bypass feature.It is a clone but a fraction of the price.The best prices are at superfishstore.com and aquatraders.com When I ordered the 825 at the superfishstore they were out of stock and sent me the 828 for the same cost $59.99!!! The regular cost was $67.99.Here are the specs listed on the box:1200L/P/H or 317G/P/H for tanks 55-125gallons,4 stage(media baskets),uses 25 watts. I spoke to a salesperson on the phone and asked about replacement parts if needed.He assured me if needed there was a huge warehouse of parts.My next choice of filters would have been Filstar.Why waste money on overpriced Eheims?
Old 02-13-2005, 04:20 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Freak

I wnet ahead and bought the JEBO 828 it was just under 54.00 plus shipping. Give me a couple of months and I will post my experiences with this filter.
Old 07-26-2005, 11:52 AM   #8
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Well????
Old 07-26-2005, 05:51 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

This filter has worked well for me. I had it on my 90 gal tank and it seemed to move a lot of water. The media baskets are great and make changing or rinsing media easy. My only complaint about it is that it seems a bit noisy compared to my Eheim, which is totally silent. If you can live with that, they're probably a good value. You can still find them on Ebay at this price but I think they now call the 828 model the Odyssey. I now use my 828 as a backup filter, which was my original intent when I bouight it.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:13 PM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to greenmaji
caribou.. would you consider writing a review of the jebo/odyssey filter for AA?
btw. in my opinion you have the quietest filter on the market to compare it to (wich is a good and bad thing) I would like to hear your opinion on the noise level of the fluval and XP3 filters compared to the eheim and jebo/odyssey..

Tags
cannister, filter, jebo

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com