Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-22-2004, 10:10 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to SoylentGrundy
JEBO protein skimmers

My P.O.S. skilter skimmer crapped out on me and I need another skimmer but am on limited budget (just graduated college and loans coming due). Anyone used those JEBO cheapo skimmers? I know you get what you pay for, but I cannot afford a CPR Bak-Pak at this time. JEBO has a imitation Bak-Pak it looks like. Any thoughts?....

Old 12-23-2004, 12:10 AM   #2

I have a jebo that can be either in-sump or in the tank if you are looking for one. Like you said, you get what you pay for. I have never used it and I heard that it works however it requires more maintanence than the more expensive types such as the Bak-Pak or Remora.

I'll be willing to sell it to you if you are interested, just make me an offer, its new and in the box. I'll supply you with a powerhead too if you want one.
Old 12-23-2004, 09:38 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

i have the Jebo Protein skimmer from Aquatraders....and it works very well....i have green stinky stinky like a sewer coming out.....well not sure if that is a good thing....but i know its working

doug
Old 12-23-2004, 11:33 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via MSN to SoylentGrundy
$imple, which model skimmer is it that you have?

and sirfishmaster, how often do you clean out your skimmer?
Old 12-23-2004, 12:42 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Freak

i clean it out every day, you are supposed to (according to the directions) shut the pump off then remove cup to clean..i however do not like this method...so i just soak up the gunk with some paper towels.....the cup is not full when i clean it, but more like 1/4 inch every 2 days

doug
Old 12-23-2004, 04:25 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

with a CPR you don't have to stop it to dump the cup. check the PM I sent you Soylent.
Old 12-23-2004, 07:25 PM   #7

It's a JEBO Quadplex Spraying Protein Skimmer 182 II. If youa re interested, I have a CA 1200 pump to go with it that is like new. The skimmer has never been used but the pump has been used, less than 5 times and works.

Send me a PM if you are interested, I just ordered a CPR Bak-Pak so I'm not going to need this anymore.
Old 12-23-2004, 10:05 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

We have the same Jebo quad and we love it. You don't have to turn it off to empty it. It empties similar to the seaclone. We had a seaclone first and it sucked so bad I kept the ph and threw out the skimmer. I got my jebo on ebay for 30 plus shipping. They were so cheap we went ahead and bought an extra after we tested the first one. The only prob with the jebo is it works better in a sump. It is very heavy and hangs in the tank so it takes up a lot of space and only has suction cups to hang by. We originally built a pvc hanging bracket but eventually moved it to a 13 gallon trash can under the stand to act as a sump.
http://www.aquarank.com/in.php?id=fishfree
electrikat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2004, 12:59 AM   #9

Well, theres your testimony, so if you are interested, I have a new one in box.
Old 12-24-2004, 01:42 AM   #10

For the first time, to see if it works, I hooked up my JEBO protein skimmer and (this is the first time I've used or seen a protein skimmer operating) a bunch of foam came to the top and the top chamber is now full and I think its overflowing? Am I doing something wrong here?

Tags
jebo, protein, skimmer

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com