Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 11-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

JEBO R3150 KG 104 gallon tank?

Does anyone know JEBO R3159 KG 104 gallon tank?

They have a super sale next week. I am tempted but I don't want to by junk. It is made of acrylic.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

MSDdivers
Komodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 09:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Activist

No-one ever heard of this company, really, no-one? I guess it says a lot about the brand.

MSDdivers
Old 11-19-2014, 07:03 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

I have a JEBO new r375 about 35G, not too many in the USA have them or heard of them, except around Southern California where they have an office. Also used more often for SW here in the USA.

I didn't have much for responses either when I posted about mine when I bought it. I called the company in California and they emailed me the instructions for the built in filter featured in mine. I was missing a connector part and didn't ever end up using the filter. Which was my choice, it was just a fitting. (The hardware store got me a copper connector, but I had shrimp and didn't want to take the chance of copper leaching into the water system, never went back for a pvc one)

Mine is glass. It is made nicely, but it is a bit older maybe 8-10 years, I bought it from someone else, and the curved glass is lovely. I don't know about the acrylic one. I have noted it is most commonly seen as a display tank from people in Europe and Asia. Don't really know why. Many people use their other equipment, I just looked it up and there are stores around featuring their products. I have a stand and tank from them.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2014, 10:31 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Activist

I did more internet research, not much out there. However, from reading other forum references to the brand name I came to the conclusion that they seem to have trouble with acrylic tanks leaking, but the glass tanks seem to be reliable.

MSDdivers
Old 11-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

That is disappointing to hear. If you ever come across a glass model used, you may want to consider it.

New to FW fish? First tank in a long time or EVER??? Need some info on keeping fish?
Start here - Aquarium Advice Article https://www.aquariumadvice.com/guide...ater-aquarium/

Community Rules
https://www.aquariumadvice.com/forum...ork&page=rules

FW & SW
Favorite tank right now -12G PRL Shrimp
Autumnsky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gallon, jebo, tan, tank

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com