Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-28-2007, 10:19 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to artoledo Send a message via MSN to artoledo Send a message via Yahoo to artoledo
Just bought a new tank!

I went to my LFS yesterday and purchased a AGA 75Ga with built in overflows. This is my dilema. I currently have a 75 that is running a wetdry and skimmer. I dont know how im going to cycle the new tank without a filter? I was thinking of buying a small 20 ga fish tank and putting my live stock in there until my tank cycles. The thing is that i have all these fish and i dont know if they are going to get along? Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

-----Armando-----
artoledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:23 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
You can probably move everything over and not see a cycle, since you will be using seeded rock and substrate. I would just have some PWC on stand by and check water levels.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:24 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to artoledo Send a message via MSN to artoledo Send a message via Yahoo to artoledo
I was thinking of filling it with fresh RO/DI water to make sure there is nothing coming over from the old tank. Would that be an issue?

-----Armando-----
artoledo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:39 AM   #4
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to roka64 Send a message via Yahoo to roka64
You could do that, remember, most of the beneficial bacteria will reside in the rock, filter media, substrate and other things it can cling to. Also, make sure your parameters are the same in both tanks: heat, pH, otherwise you will have to acclimate them.

Questions loved, heeded advice greatly appreciated!

Vote for AA
Good reading about:
Nitrogen Cycle
Fishless Cycling
Need more help?
Articles
Acronym List

--Scott
roka64 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com