just got a new fluval 204 help with media

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I have a 304, it works really well, tho after 1 year it seems to have developed an air leak (get air bubbles out of it until I play with the hosing)

It is a good filter and not too bad a price in the US. (68$ from PetSmart, 53$ from BigAls.) Tho petsmart is cheaper up here (stupid pricing, I can get a 404 for 120$ from petsmart, 180$ from BigAls)...

Definately worth it for a planted tank, the RenaXP series also has it's merits, both are a good choice over HOB for planted tanks (it pays for itself in cheaper media, 1$ for floss and bioballs/biorings are permanent and included)

I have one more questions regarding the canister filter, how is it set up in your tank? Where the HOB's obviously hang on the back and I love that feature, where do the canister filters go, are they placed in the tank, outside the tank, etc. etc? Hope this question doesn't sound too lame, I've been looking for photographs of them hooked up to a tank but can't seem to find one.

Many thanks for your thoughts on this subject!

Linda

They get placed outside your tank, hoses (intake and output) get put into your tank.

http://www.hagen.com then select your coutry etc. and aquatic, product manuals and the last 04 series manual will show you exactly how to put it on (also advises one what basket to put what media in, also shows the flow pattern etc.)

Back
Top Bottom