Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 04-22-2011, 09:46 AM   #51
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm glad I got this adapter. That way I can leave it hooked up all of the time. I just wish there was a manual to INSTALL it. I'm no good with pluming. Maybe I just disconnect the pipes and put this in between them lol.

scottayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2011, 09:50 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

They have a pdf file on the ebay page you can print out. Has pictures and everything.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:09 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yeah but it has nothing about undersink hookup.
I had a look under my sink though and it looks simple enough - if only it fit. My **** plumbing.
This is an old house, so I will still probably have to buy some adapters.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:16 AM   #54
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

I'm sorry you had such trouble. :-( It's still a good deal though. LOL Good luck!
Old 04-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #55
Aquarium Advice Activist

If I remember correctly, the water line for my ice maker looks like it would fit for that adapter. Not sure if it would fit for you... But under my sink doesn't look the same as the water line behind my fridge...
Old 04-22-2011, 02:07 PM   #56
Aquarium Advice Addict

Not a problem now. I just got a coupling and a compressor fitting from lowes. The compressor fitting fits, but I got the coupling at a 1/4" and I need a 3/8". So I should have this bad boy hooked up soon!
Old 04-22-2011, 02:10 PM   #57
Aquarium Advice Activist

Glad to hear you figured it out! Good luck setting it all up and getting it running. I should get mine any day, so I'll be able to see it in action myself. =D
Old 04-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #58
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sweet, I have it hooked up.. no leaks, and filling up my rubbermaid right now.

I don't have a tdc meter, so I will not be able to tell how pure the water is yet (gotta be better than pure tap, though). I will post those numbers after my tdc meter gets here.

The unit is very sturdy, and I like that I can leave it hooked up 24/7 and just fill up my bin as needed.

+1
Old 04-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #59
Aquarium Advice Activist

I received my RODI unit from these guys. I must say they did great. I'm yet to set it up, but from what I hear it should be fairly easy. They included the adapter I wanted, which I'm not too surprised about, but hey, you never know. Also, I had accidentally purchased my TDS meter in a seperate cart/order, but I wanted them in the same package. I put in the notes for that order to include it in the same package if they could, but otherwise its fine. They were able to put it in the same box. I must say, so far they seem to be a good seller. I'm currently leaving to go set it up,so I'll let you know how it all works out. =D Thanks for the OP Carey, glad I caught this deal!

EDIT: Turns out they gave me the under sink adapter. I may be able to get it to work, but I might have to get a hose adapter from Home Depot or Lowes. Oh well, I'm just glad I got it. =D
Old 04-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #60
Aquarium Advice Activist

Quick Update. Adapter didn't quite fit, we are going to try a different spot. If it doesn't work then I'm going to ask them for the garden hose adapter like I originally asked for.

Tags
rodi, unit

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com