Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 01-29-2006, 05:31 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist
Just installed my super skimmer

Well I finally bit the bullet and bought and installed my coralife super skimmer on my 72g. After a minor incident with running the pump with the output closed = water shooting out the top of the collection cup I dont have anything in the cup yet, but it said it could take up to 72 hours.

My only concerns issues are:
1) since i don't have a sump I have the massive pump hanging inside the tank (I have a bunch of rock laying around that I was thinking of building up inside to try and block the view of it)
2) My glass top doesn't close now because of the output hose being wide on the back I can't slide the glass back all the way. I'm debating attempting cutting it . Any one else have any ideas?
I know people will say no glass top is better, but I have it and have no great way of keeping the lights above it.
scubasteve is offline   Reply With Quote

led, skimmer, stall

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off