Juwel tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AdamE

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a juwel aquarium with all the juwel bits n bobs i.e filter and heater. Could I get rid of them and replace with after market products or would it be wise to keep what's there and just upgrade?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I have a juwel aquarium with all the juwel bits n bobs i.e filter and heater. Could I get rid of them and replace with after market products or would it be wise to keep what's there and just upgrade?

Hi Adam, I have 2 juwel tank's (rio and rekord ) I upgraded both pumps on my tank's as I felt I needed something stronger. My rio filter I can't fault it, it's done a great job but I find the one in the rekord not so good so I'm running a aqua flow 200 internal in there as well. So its really up to you, which juwel do you have?
I just noticed it's the 60 litre, what problems are you having? Or do you just want to remove the filter?
55 gallon elephant nose tank.
30 gallon shrimp and snail tank

Hi shelly it's a 60 ltr tank not sure on the model of it though. Il have a look into that pump also any advice on a good heater as I think mine is on its way out got to have it on full to keep it at 25c

Hi shelly it's a 60 ltr tank not sure on the model of it though. Il have a look into that pump also any advice on a good heater as I think mine is on its way out got to have it on full to keep it at 25c

Hi, it should tell you on the pump what model it is? I only use juwel so they fit in my filter's sorry. But I do find my heater on my rio is a nightmare to keep the tank warm.
Nice set up! Really like it ☺

Ahhhh il have a look tomorrow I'm out and about at the mo. Thank you it's just how I got it at the moment I am gunna get more plants but live ones and some more Decs for it changing the gravel to white and wanting a blue light for it possibly change the background aswell it's all just Abit basic at the moment down to me just starting up

You should have seen mine when I started pink gravel! Lol
Live plant's are great to keep, best thing I did. It took me a while to get my tank's the way I wanted but you'll get there.

Yeah my only problem at the moment is funds lol with it just being crimbo but il get there my next buy for defo is a test kit as all I got with this was the tank and fish and some food lol

You should try ebay for your test kit, that's where I buy mine and it's a lot cheaper.

Yeah I've got one on my watch list it's the Api full test kit £35 gunna get it end of this week when I get payed

Cool, they're definitely worth the money.

Back
Top Bottom