Kalk Reactor Advice "Rephrased Calcium Reactor"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
C

cj10488

I was wondering what the best Kalk Reactor out there to use for a beginner is.. My tank is a 55gal tank but will soon be upgraded.. I was looking at the Korallin C-1502 but I am not sure as there are soo many of them out there... I am tired of dripping Kalk and really need to get a Kalk reactor... Price is a factor.. The Korallin C-1502 setup complete is about 575.00 or so.. Please Help

TIA,
James

Edited... Didnt think they were 2 different things.. I was referring to a calcium Reactor LOL Yes I am blonde LOL

Do you not want to DIY? The reason I ask is that Kalk reactors are extremely easy to make. A real simple Kalk reactor could be a 5 gallon bucket with a PH to keep everything moving and another pump that acts as a doser.

Errr... What a minute... Now that I am looking at the price you pointed out it sounds like you are speaking of a Calcium reactor....

Ahh dont really want a DIY one.. I dont want to get a ph controller as I already have a monitor.. I dont trust myself with the Co2 and wouldnt want it to drain into the tank for some reaon and flood my tank with even more Co2 than I am already battling due to this airtight apt.. LOL I already have to have 1 window open 24/7 just to keep the ph from falling to much.. I tried to tell my wife to stop breathing but I dont think she will LOL... I was also looking into the Knop setup as well..

James

I am surprised that no interest was sparked in the post. Perhaps we don't have many members that use Ca reactors...

I have heard a lot of good things about the Knop, however. Sorry I can't be of more assistance, James.

WEll I ended up going with to Korallin from Captivereefs.com Darin hooked me up with everything that I need.. I wont be getting as many clams as I wanted but will be getting some nicer ones.. The Ca Reactor should be here monday weeeeeee..

James

I will be taking a bunch of pictures.. Darin is soo awesome..

James

Just out of curiosity... is the only difference (in functionality) between a true nilsen/kalk reactor and a bucket with a powerhead in it is that one is air tight while the other is not?

Back
Top Bottom