Koralia nano problems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bige

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have had a koralia nano running for about 8 months. Now it turns off randomly for hours at a time. I took it out and cleaned it. Plugged it back in and it would not turn on. Plugged it back in and it did not turn on. Then it came on about an hour later. Has anyone had this happen? Should I just buy a new one?

And I just moved it. It worked fine till I moved it by my heater. Heater is behind plastic.

See if you can call the company and see what they say.

I had a neon goby jump out the other day but not like just jumping. He wanted out. Last night my clowns started doing it. So I unplugged it because I thought it might be shocking the tank. I have been trying to contact hydor but have not yet.

Maybe the wire got pinched in your move and is causing a short. I would just replace the nano, LNT.com has them for about $21.

i would definately call them or email them before buying a new one... they come with a 2yr warranty, if the unit is defective, they should replace it at no cost

How did you clean it? Sounds like there might be some calcium buildup inside the impeller and it takes a while for it to start. I would suggest taking it all apart and soaking it for a few hours in full strength vinegar to clean it and then try it.

I called koralia and they said to clean it. They thought something was inside. I took it all apart and it still works every now and then. They said if I did anything besides removing cover to get to propellar then I would void warranty. Then they said if it was on a wave maker or power strip or timer that too voids warranty. I dont know how they think we use these but it seems cheaper to buy a new one then to mess with this warranty.

Just play their game and say No! No! No!
Then they will say to send it in.

Back
Top Bottom