Howdie folks! Well, when I moved, over a month ago, I had to dismantle my tank, etc... This included dismantling the 4 bulkheads/standpipe assemblies I have on my tank and re-assembling everything at the new location. I have spent a lot of time working on a different hardware setup since I have more space available. Now, my problem is the following: I have re-installed the 4 four bulkhead/standpipe assemblies, and one of the bulkhead just keeps on leaking. I have leaked test the tank 4 times filling it up half full, but to no avail, the leak still remain. I even made a new and thicker gasket, wich is made of thick rubber, about 1/8 of an inch. Still no luck. Again this morning, the leak is still there and I am looking for ideas or suggestions as to what could be causing this. I could replace the bulkhead with one that I purchased for something else, but would like to salvage this one if I can.
I first tighten it manually as hard as I could, then an additional 1/4 turn with a pipe wrench. No luck. tighten it some more a little bit at a time, still no luck. So, I am at the end of my rope on this one, and tired of wasting water. So far, I estimate that I wasted around 200 gallons to fix this bulkhead issue.
Thanks for your time and for reading my rant.