Leaking Magnum 350-what parts should I order just "to have"?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LauraB

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi all! New member--I will get around to introducing myself, but first I am calling Marineland ASAP to order parts. I bought a used tank system (also came with fish--talk about a cylcing issue) and the canister is a Magnum 350.

I took it apart, cleaned it up (terrible shape) and got it running, but have a slow but steady leak from the quick connect coupling. I am going to order a new O-ring set for the couplers, but while I am ordering that are their other parts I should just have "on hand" for future issues? I was thinking the big O-ring and maybe silicone lubricant...

What else?

This is my first Magnum 350 filter. The goodnews is that I got the hang-on the back filter working, but I am still very underpowered (75 gallon South American cichlid tank). I tore down, moved, and set up the tank Sunday and when I went to get it there were lots of dead fish (I've never seen so much overfeeding--probably 100 pieces of food rotting on the bottom and she hadn't even fed in days) 2 more died in transport but the remaining 7 seem to be hanging on.

I'll stop there. I appreciate any help--thanks in advance!!!

Back
Top Bottom