Leaking Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mlani

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a new to me, 46 gal hexagon tank. It's showing signs of a leak, near the top. The black lip that goes around the tank is cracked in one spot and it's dribbling down the side of the tank. Can I save this tank if I take my husbands silicone (he's a plumber) and try to seal it myself? I was thinking I'd do it when I do my regular pwc so not to stress my fish out. Or should I be looking for a new tank pronto? I've never had a leak before.. :-(

You can get Aquarium Silicone Sealant (pure silicone) and fix it, but it needs to dry for 48-72 hours before getting wet! I hope this helps you! And make sure you remove the old sealant before applying the new :)

Thank you :) I'll admit there was a small part if me that was hoping someone was going to say no! You can't fix it, you need a newer bigger tank! ;-) lol!

Mlani said:
Thank you :) I'll admit there was a small part if me that was hoping someone was going to say no! You can't fix it, you need a newer bigger tank! ;-) lol!

Haha! I meant, you can't fix it, get a new bigger tank! ;)

Lol! Well I fixed it and I got a newer bigger tank too ;-)

Back
Top Bottom