LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chooch4044

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone bought or used the LED light made by MVAVA? Seems to be a pretty good light and the right pricing as well. My LFS has recommended it,but I want to get some other opinions as well. I plan to keep a veriaty of soft and hard corals. As well as some clams.

I wouldn't buy one of those. They are not UL listed.
The ones i am viewing on their website only use 1 watt LEDs. Not potent enough for a mixed reef.

Thank you for looking, the one I was looking at has 10 watt whites and 1wTt blues. Do think that will work? What is UL listed mean?

Underwriters Laboratories.
Underwriters Laboratories - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
If you look around your house at virtually every electrical appliance you have, they all have the "UL Listed" certification on them. It means the quality has to be at a higher standard because they are scrutinized by this company.
Basically it means that it shouldn't burn your house down when you are at work.

can you post a link to that fixture here? I can't seem to find it on any websites.

Did you see this fixture on a tank? I would think you would need multiple ones because of it's shape. the front and back of the tank would probably be dark.
That and the fact that it's not UL listed would be my concerns.

mr_X said:
Did you see this fixture on a tank? I would think you would need multiple ones because of it's shape. the front and back of the tank would probably be dark.
That and the fact that it's not UL listed would be my concerns.

Those concerns plus all the spelling and grammatical errors in the description of the item........

Well I ended up buying the MVAVA led light system and I have to say I'm very happy with them. Im pretty excited to see how they do. I have the light hooked up but not programed yet. I'll keep every updated in the next couple of days. In the mean time here's a couple of pics.

image-3370808539.jpg

image-1503230873.jpg

image-474331606.jpg

image-857301967.jpg

Just to give everyone a update, the LED light system works awesome, it's a complete 24 hr lighting system that works with any flaws.. I have mine set to start at 9am, it slowly raises in brightness until noon,then it's at 100% until 6pm then reduces until 9pm then bright moons til midnight then low blue moon light until 3am. All automatic. The light is made by MVAVA. They have great customer service and the light is awesome.

Got them from Inland as well? I'm from Parke County, but I go to school at Rose-Hulman, so it seems like I'm always browsing at Inland. :) My mom bought an MVAVA fixture for her tank, and she loves hers. Hers is the generation before yours, where the lights aren't programmable, just on/off.

Back
Top Bottom