LED again?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
This question was probably asked 100 times already. For my 125 reef I still use MH which I bought 6 almost years ago. I don't know much about LED yet.. Can you guys suggest any good but not expensive light for my 20 gal. long QT for corals? Thanks for future advice.

This question was probably asked 100 times already. For my 125 reef I still use MH which I bought 6 almost years ago. I don't know much about LED yet.. Can you guys suggest any good but not expensive light for my 20 gal. long QT for corals? Thanks for future advice.

I just got a 120W that is fully dimmable white/blue mix on eBay for $98. They are awesome! search 120W aquarium LED and look for a light sold by supermart168. Free shipping and it comes with a hanging kit, my tank is a 20g as well.

D

One of my fellow reefers suggested to buy PAR38 LED bulb and socket from Home Depot. He said it will support for sure SPS for few weeks in my 20 gal. long QT. You can buy them at Rapidled or Coral Compulsion for 79$. Cheapest option. What you guys think?

One of my fellow reefers suggested to buy PAR38 LED bulb and socket from Home Depot. He said it will support for sure SPS for few weeks in my 20 gal. long QT. You can buy them at Rapidled or Coral Compulsion for 79$. Cheapest option. What you guys think?

For $9 more you can get the dimmable fixture from Ebay and keep anything you could ever want to put in it, for however long you want. Also the $79 isn't including a fixture for the bulb, and IMO you'd need two par38's on a 20. I'd say $98 fixture all the way. I have one a lot like it and absolutely love it.

It is 84$ total with socket from Home Depot.I thought about it also but cheapest I can find those lights is 149$.
For $9 more you can get the dimmable fixture from Ebay and keep anything you could ever want to put in it, for however long you want. Also the $79 isn't including a fixture for the bulb, and IMO you'd need two par38's on a 20. I'd say $98 fixture all the way. I have one a lot like it and absolutely love it.

That's the one Carey posted, price fluctuates a little.

$84 isn't bad total, but again you'd need two really IMO. Which makes the panel a better option

Back
Top Bottom