LED (for a newbie) and heater question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Briar Druid

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi, everyone.

Apologies if these are silly, but I am a total newbie to modern aquariums, so be kind. :)

I want to get an LED strip for my still-to-be-set-up tank, and I found a really cool one: Aqueon Flexible LED Bubble Wand. Problem is, I am not sure how to plug it in - or, rather, what to plug in into. Am I right in assuming that it's not something you just plug into a regular power strip? There is something about transformers or something?.. :blink:

Another question: My upcoming tank is a Fluval Edge 12 gal. Which heater do you think works best with those, both power-wise and aesthetics-wise? I found one that seems to be specifically made for it on Amazon, but it doesn't have the best of reviews, and supposedly only keeps the temp at 7 degrees above ambient - which can be a problem for me since I prefer to keep my room temp relatively low, like 65 degrees max.

Thanks for any advice!

Cheers,
Briar.

The Aqueon Flexible LED Bubble Wand will come with a transformer to power the LEDs. You will need a air pump for the bubbles.

As for the heater don't go cheap! Make sure it's adjustable and go with a name brand. I had a non-adjustable stay on cooking my nano tank.

Back
Top Bottom